ผู้เขียน หัวข้อ: I am what I am because I was born where I was born.  (อ่าน 393 ครั้ง)

VivianSal

• กระทู้: 8
    • ดูรายละเอียด
I am what I am because I was born where I was born.
« เมื่อ: กุมภาพันธ์ 03, 2022, 04:19:08 am »
I am what I am because I was born where I was born.
get modafinil online

п»ї<title>Do you know how drugs affect empathy?</title>

Our ability to understand other people and put ourselves in their place will dictate to a large extent the way, our way, of living experiences. A way that will be conditioned by our learning, but also by our personality or even, as we tell you in this article, the consumption of certain drugs that seem to affect empathy.
However, Molly Crockett, a neuroscientist at Oxford University, believes that we need more research to see how drugs really affect certain aspects of our mind, and by extension, our behavior.
That said, it is clear that they can have an impact on decisions as important as the attitude with which we face a problem, the choices we make when faced with a moral dilemma, and even our ability to empathize with people around us. In other words, our perception of the world can be greatly influenced by the medication we take.
"A disordered conduct sharpens the wit and falsifies the judgment."
-Louis de Bonald
In an experiment conducted by University College London and Oxford University, a group of researchers led by neuroscientist Molly Crockett have definitively and empirically demonstrated the influence of medication on the empathic behaviors of different patients.
The model implemented divided the volunteer participants into two groups. In a first set we found people who received an antidepressant. The rest received a drug prescribed for Parkinson's Disease.
The first group that had taken an antidepressant - which increases serotonin levels - demonstrated altruistic attitudes. In fact, they were even willing to pay a higher price if they could avoid the pain of others, but also their own.
Meanwhile, the group that had taken the drug indicated for Parkinson's disease, which acts directly on dopamine, showed a much more selfish and withdrawn attitude than the other group.
Conclusions of the study It was already known that neurotransmitters, such as dopamine and serotonin, have a direct relationship with behavior. Previously, other studies had shown that the former promotes aggressiveness and psychopathic behavior, while the latter acts on civility, reducing violent attitudes.
"There are men whose conduct is a continual lie."
-Baron Holbach
Now, to what extent do drugs influence these neurotransmitters, do they really have such a great importance in the behavior and decisions made by a particular human being? Hence, this study wanted to try to establish a practical scope for the influence of drugs affecting empathy and decisions.
Thus, people who took the antidepressant drug were generous, preventing others from suffering. Suffering that they were even able to avoid at the expense of their own.
Meanwhile, the group that received the Parkinson's drug showed less generosity, but did try to avoid both their own and other people's suffering. They did not prioritize others, but tried to ensure that no one suffered.
According to Molly Crockett, this discovery will be the foundation on which great advances will be built, especially in the control of antisocial behavior. Thanks to the results obtained, we now have a better understanding of how drugs act on hormone levels.
That said, everything points to the fact that people with a high serotonin level are more altruistic. Although it is not known what is behind this discovery and the actual levels that each volunteer had during the study, it seems clear that they have uncovered a new line of research.
Be that as it may, it is clear that we must be cautious about these results. There is much to be done and much to be discovered, although it is clear that drugs can have a decidedly greater impact on an individual's personality and behavior than previously thought.
Would this research help to create a more just, altruistic and generous society? Perhaps so, however, there are many implications that we must take into account even if the results were to be successful. For example, ethics.
Is it ethical to administer a particular drug knowing that it will act on an individual's personality and behavior, and does anyone really have the moral sufficiency over another being to decide to prescribe a drug against someone's will, or even if that person agrees?
At the moment there is a long way to go in this regard. However, it is clear that there are drugs that affect empathy, behavior and our way of acting in society. Don't forget to keep this in mind the next time you decide to take medication or your doctor prescribes a particular treatment.
You might be interested in...

Common behaviors in people with emotional intelligence
Emotional intelligence is nothing more than the ability to identify and manage your emotions and those around you.
https://www.rxshopmd.com/products/antinarcoleptic/buy-armodafinil-artvigil/
When are you in free fall?
Punishment in education
A journey that marks a before and after, love.
 f591a5a

Sitemap 1 2 3